School Group Program Information
SKI EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR SCHOOL GROUPS
Our programs, which can be adapted for students from the pre-school to high school level, involve students through experiential learning activities that are both age appropriate and consistent with grade-specific curricula.
For the entire class, ski instruction begins with a series of group games that teach and reinforce ski skills by helping students learn balance and movement on cross-country skis. After a short snack break on the snow, students are divided into small groups for a ski tour. Each tour group, led by a Crosscut Ski Instructor explores our trails. Instructors capitalize on teachable moments and terrain to refine ski skills and to introduce environmental / outdoor education concepts. Our Programs are active and provide a fun-filled discovery based learning experience for the students.
$17 per student for Adventures in Winter Ecology (AWE) Program
$8 per student for Ski Rental Package
Teachers and chaperones pay no program fee, and may rent the ski package for a discount of $10 for the day.
CALL TO RESERVE YOUR SKI EDUCATION PROGRAM DATES
Our programs are very popular and the schedule fills quickly. Registration opens each fall. Contact us for info and to reserve your ski day.
SKI EDUCATION PROGRAM GOALS
- Each skier will enjoy their experience at Crosscut and leave with the desire to try cross-country skiing again
- Each skier will be introduced to and practice basic ski skillsReturning skiers will refine their ski skills
- Each skier will feel confident skiing Crosscut trails and learn trail courtesy
- Each skier will be exposed to an awareness of their outdoor environment
- Each skier will be introduced to a sense of stewardship for their environment
- Each student will be exposed to the concept of an active, healthy lifestyle incorporating outdoor physical activity