Job Opening: Bridger Biathlon Head Coach
Bridger Biathlon at Crosscut Mountain Sports Center
Crosscut Mountain Sports Center (CMSC) now welcomes applications for the position of Head Coach of Bridger Biathlon. The Head Coach will oversee and manage the programming and development of Bridger Biathlon. This includes creating training programs and running practices for both the High School and Elite teams and supervising the coaching of Bridger Biathlon’s youth teams. The position will focus on fostering a fun and supportive team environment while working with the staff and venue to build athlete engagement and expand program development.
About Bridger Biathlon
Bridger Biathlon is a program of Crosscut Mountain Sports Center, a nonprofit organization based in Bozeman, Montana that is building a year-round recreation, sports training and educational facility. Bridger Biathlon promotes athletic achievement and values of healthy living for all ages and abilities through recreational and competitive biathlon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the CMSC Executive Director on overall program and budget management
- Lead development of annual and seasonal training plans and daily workouts for High School and Elite teams
- Supervise all biathlon programming, including managing assistant coaching staff and volunteers
- Oversee all program communications, including maintaining up-to-date website and social media presences, responding to all program related inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborate with CMSC staff to manage facilities use for training sessions and events
- Plan travel and logistics for competitions, camps, events and other scheduled activities as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years of Biathlon coaching experience (USBA Coaching certification preferred)
- Experience in a leadership role with similar programs or organizations
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to: email, excel, google documents, website management, and social media
Please submit a current resume, along with a cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 16th, 2018 at 5pm MST.